We are proud to improve the accessibility of CanPrePP!
It is important to us that the webtool is accessible — that we present equal opportunity and equity for everyone and anyone that uses CanPrePP.
We have introduced an accessibility feature to CanPrePP that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and adapt it to their personal needs.
You may have noticed the button that now appears on the bottom left of all our site pages and we invite you to click it and explore! We have certainly learned a lot about what accessibility means for all and we invite you to do the same.
Some of our new compliance standards and functionalities are as follows:
- Adhering as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level.
- implementing the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen- readers can read, comprehend, and enjoy the website’s functions.
- Various disability profiles are now supported on our website
• Epilepsy Safe Profile
• Vision Impaired Profile
• Cognitive Disability Profile
• ADHD-Friendly Profile
• Blind Users Profile (Screen-Readers)
• Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired)
- Additional UI, design, and readability adjustments are now available
• Font Adjustments
• Colour Adjustments
• Content Highlighting
• Audio Muting
• Cognitive Disorders
• Additional Functions
If you have questions or suggestions about how we can make the CanPrePP webtool even more accessible or beneficial, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your experience and success are important to us!